Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

New year, new books

As 2011 slowly crawls into being, I'm beginning an ambitious reading list. In addition to my ongoing goal to read all of the "important" books I should have read as an English major, I've recently decided to take on all the unread books that I own. Having realized that I may have been overzealous and bought books faster than I could read them, I am aware that I presently own more unread than read books. Or started, but not finished. I'm basically a horrible person.


So, goodbye 2010 books eaten list:

  • Sarah - Of Lines and Fragments by Julie Carr (poetry)
  • Late Wife by Claudia Emerson (poetry)
  • i was the jukebox by Sandra Beasley (poetry)
  • The Keep by Jennifer Egan
  • The Beauty of the Husband by Anne Carson (poetry)
  • A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
  • Flow: The Cultural Story of Menstruation by Stein & Kim (non-fiction)
  • Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer
  • Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer (non-fiction)
  • Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut
  • No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda July (short stories)

(I made bold the ones I highly recommend.)

Starting off the new list is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I started reading this book in junior year of high school. I liked it, but never finished it. I made it to page 125, apparently, as that was the page with the corner folded down. I'm happy to report that in 3 days I've passed page 125 and I expect to finish it within the week.

Giddy up.

No comments:

Post a Comment