Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Not much new

I've been juggling a lot of things lately. That's not new. Work full-time, career planning full-time. I can't say it isn't satisfying. I had a mid-twenties crisis the other day, thinking I need to screw around more, but then I remembered it's awesome having my shit together.

I'm waiting to receive a book that Ploughshares arranged to have sent to me for the book review blog. I've never reviewed anything before. Should I admit that? I've been reading tips and do's/don'ts. I've been practicing with my books; it's hard. But it's what I want to do. A lot of writers plan to teach. I think that requires a level of dedication and selflessness that, frankly, I don't possess. I've always wanted to edit, and since reading an article about the number of writers submitting to literary journals being far more than the number that subscribes to said journals (a point with which I both agree and contest), and which proposes that we review a book for every 10 places we submit to, I've decided I'm going to be an active book reviewer.

Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment